We have an amazing night of interactive art and healing lined up. Our producing team includes Livable Environments, TILT, Open Show, Mari Villaluna, and Star Amerasu. There will be street performances, photo and video screenings, and an whole alley filled with interactive stations engaging passersby in the examination, exploration, and documentation of change.
In Flux was inspired by the ever increasing change that is happening here in San Francisco, an as exemplified by the shift in landscape and people of the Lower Polk and Upper Tenderloin neighborhoods. Now more than ever it is imperative that we honor the legacies of San Francisco, including its native and migrant communities.
We are still solidifying all the artists, healers, performers, photographers, and media makers...BUT...here is what you can definitely expect:
- Screenings of street photographers curated by Open Show;
- Live street performances including spoken word, drag, rants, dance, and music;
- Creating love letter postcards to be send to residents in the neighborhood;
- Live painting demonstrations;
- Meditation stations;
- Photo booth with things to dress up in;
- Intergenerational films shot on location in the Tenderloin screened by TILT;
- YOU!!! getting inspired, engaged, and creative!
So PLEASE come on out for In Flux, A Night Gallery on THURSDAY, November 7. Only in Fern Alley!!